Friday, March 13, 2015

Sachin - in their words

Some famous quotation about Sachin :
  • I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India – Matthew Hayden
  • I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I felt that this player is playing with a style similar to mine, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two…his compactness, technique, stroke production – it all seemed to gel! – Sir Donald Bradman
  • We did not lose to a team called India. We lost to a man called Sachin – Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)
  •  India me aap Prime Minister ko ek baar katghare me khada kar sakte hain. Par Sachin Tendulkar par ungli nahi utha Sakte.– Navjot Singh Sidhu
  • Harder he works, the luckier he gets – Ian Chappell
  • I’ll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don’t think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player – Shane Warne
  • He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he’s 99.5% perfect – Viv Richards on Sachin Tendulkar
  • Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives – BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar
  • He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling – Richie Benaud
  • India’s fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing – Sunil Gavaskar
  • There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others – Andy Flower
  • Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world – Allan Donald
  • On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98.  The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India! - Peter Roebuck
  • Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal – Brian Lara15. Sachin is the greatest role model I’ve ever met – Gary Kirsten
Source: http://www.sachinandcritics.com/quotes_on_sachin.php, 
https://rammipr.wordpress.com/category/sports/

No comments: