Friday, March 13, 2015

KG Kaptures - A new brand in photography!

"You don't take a photograph, you make it" famous American photographer Ansel Adams once said. Photography is an art, on par with perhaps music and poetry. It captures the moment for years to come, allowing that one instant to live in the memories of generations in the future.

With my characteristic observational and non-intrusive style, candid photography is my calling. The leisurely yawn, the gregarious laughter - moments shared with unsuspecting candour find a new life through my lens. Viewed from this perspective, weddings, family reunions or any occasion of joy finds a whole new dimension of expression.

The clichés are many. A picture is worth a thousand words. Let your actions speak louder than your words. The list goes on. Yet, ever since the shutterbug bit me rather late, this has been the characteristic of my work. I allow my pictures to do the talking, being a man of few words myself.


Every picture tells a story, brings back memories, crystallises experiences.  Years after you have forgotten that moment of time, a picture has the power to bring it all rushing back to you in a wave of nostalgia. It is this pursuit of deriving and spreading the joy that drives me to photography.


My portfolio includes various conferences and events such as TiECON, TEDx events across the city and flashmobs apart from a multitude of pictures taken for family and friends. For anyone who asks what I do, the answer is simple – I shoot people.


Benjamin Franklin is believed to have said “Lost time is never found again.” Grandmother’s tales draw a parallel to trying to hold a fistful of sand that quickly slips through your fingers. The question of capturing time is said to be impossible.


My answer is simple. Try me!


KG Kaptures






No comments: